How To Choose The Right Dog Treats For Your Canine Friend
Factors to be considered before selecting the right dog treat
• Dog's age/life stage - It is very important to make sure that you choose a treat which will nutritionally geared your dog's age (puppy, adult, or senior).
• Dog's body condition - Dog's who are obese or underweight need different nutrition than those who are not. Dog's who are into a regular exercise program have different nutritional requirements. Considering the above factors- choose a dog treat which will fulfill your dog's needs.
• Dog's health history - If your dog suffers from a medical condition like diabetes, cancer, or digestive difficulties, you will need to choose a dog treat that is appropriate for that condition. It is better to take advice from your vet about the treat you can offer to your canine friend.
• Budget - Plan your budget cautiously, simple rule here is to feed your dog with the best food you can offer. Generally, the more you spend, the better-quality, healthier food you'll feed.
Try and study your dog's preferences, keep in mind that no one food is best for your dog. So, keep on experimenting with different dog food treats. Today, the market is flooded with many well formulated dog treats, and it is fine to try out several to determine which one works best for your dog. If needed, you can take help of your vet to understand the food preference of your dog.
When you shop for a dog treat, it is very important to know about the ingredients list on the back of the bag which will give you an idea about the nutritional value of the product. Search for treats with fish, meat, or eggs listed as the first ingredients. These treats are very digestible and are stuffed with valuable amino acids. If you are trying out with new treats, be sure to give ample time for your dog to adjust to it. Bison dog treats is one such product which is known for its high quality ingredient and is very helpful in maintaining your dog's overall health.
Categories of Pet Foods
When looking out for your dog's next treat, keep in mind that pet food is now available in three major categories- grocery store foods, premium foods, and healthy foods.
• Grocery store foods - These are found in grocery stores and mass- market retailers - are typically made of inexpensive ingredients and are therefore a cheaper choice. They may not be heavy on your pocket, but do not provide your dog with the healthiest, most nutrient- dense ingredients.
• Premium foods - These food types contain higher- grade ingredients, but may still include some elements like artificial flavors, artificial colors, chemical preservatives, and filler ingredients. Premium food items are expensive than grocery store foods and can prove more beneficial and digestible.
• Health foods - The best and the newest addition to the pet food market, these heath foods provide your pet with the highest quality, healthiest, and most nutritious ingredients. They are mostly available for purchase online or directly from the manufacturer. Foods in the healthy category include Bison dog treats and other top rated health foods containing nutrient rich ingredient.
It is very important to be cautious when deciding upon the right dog treats as it is directly related to your pet's health. The best thing you can do for your dog is to always be in touch with your vet. Consult your vet on regular bases and know about the top rated treats in the market. Remember- with healthy treats you can generally feed less since healthy foods are more nutrient dense compared to other types of foods. Secondly, go for all natural dog treats as they are good source of amino acids.
After a period of time, keep a look at your dog after feeding the food for at least a month. This will give you an idea- whether you have chosen a good source for your dog's nutrition. If you are still confused on selecting the right dog treat, seek veterinary advice.